When I first saw Singing and Storytelling Belle, I practically melted right on the spot. I have always had a soft spot for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, and seeing this adorable version of Belle as a small child – who sings and chats, no less – warmed my heart instantly. I had to have her.
Description of Singing and Storytelling Belle
Belle is part of Tollytot’s My First Disney Princess line of dolls. She is a gorgeous 20″ tall interactive doll with a soft body and beautiful hair. Squeeze her bracelet that she wears on her wrist, and she comes to life with a warm greeting and asking your name and if you’d like to have some tea with her friends. Place one of her friends in her hand, and she instantly recognizes who it is. She chat with her friends, and often break into the familiar songs from the movie. She can say more than 100 different phrases and over 8 minutes of stories and songs.
Accessories Included with Singing and Storytelling Belle
- A beautiful yellow dress, similar to to Belle’s dress in the animated movie, but with touches of pink mixed in
- A pair of matching yellow shoes
- A golden Princess tiara that is easy for small hands to slip on and off the doll’s head
- Three of her best friends who, when placed in her hand, cause Belle to sound like she’s having conversations with each of them
- Lumiere, the rebellious maître d’-turned-Candlebra
- Mrs. Potts, the motherly head of the kitchen who has turned into a tea pot
- Chip, a teacup and child of Mrs. Potts
- A microphone that Belle happily sings into when placed in her hand
- A story book from which Belle reads a short version of Beauty and the Beast from when she holds it
- A hair brush – Belle will often ask to have her hair brushed
Does Singing and Storytelling Belle Make a Good Gift?
Absolutely! While this doll is a more expensive than most, she is worth every penny. She is highly entertaining and though her beautiful classical styling already draws little girls to her instantly, her unique use of interactive technology makes her even more appealing.
I personally think this is a great doll, and the few others I’ve talked to about her agree, there are some people who don’t feel she’s worth the money. They could be right, and if it weren’t for the heavy Disney trademarking, I’m sure she would be cheaper. But if you have a little girl who loves Belle, this could be a gift that is easily worth every cent the first time she lays eyes on her new doll.
Singing and Storytelling Belle’s suggested retail price is $79.99. See the chart below to compare prices from various retailers in the US.